New to internet bidding? Please read these special terms.
1. The online bidding is for bidders who will NOT be at the live auction. A $100 registration deposit by Visa/MC is required prior to bidding. A 13% Buyers Premium will be charged for all internet bids.
2. The pre-auction online bidding closes at 7 AM auction day.
3. The top bid from the online auction is used as the opening bid at the live auction.
4.If you are an online bidder and want to win at the live auction, use the MAXBID feature.
5.The MAXBID feature allows the auctioneer to bid on your behalf at the life auction, starting at the top bid online and continuing until the MAXBID you specify.
6. If you are an ONLINE BIDDER and you win at the LIVE AUCTION, we will charge your credit card for your purchases and CONTACT YOU FOR PICKUP/DELIVERY INFO.
7. If you are not contacted then you did not win any items at the live auction.
8. The minimum bids online are intended to make online bidding meaningful. Items may start at a lower price at the live auction.
9. If you wish to bid on multiple lots, please place a bid for each item.
Thank you and good luck!
Terms of Sale
1….ORDER OF SALE: Items to be sold in catalog order, approximately 125 items sold per hour. This auction will start promptly at 11:07 AM. The auction will conclude at approximately 2 PM.
2. REGISTER: Bidders are required to register and give full identification prior to bidding and are required to use the bidder number to identify themselves when bidding. Please be prepared to register for the auction when you attend the inspection.
3. DEPOSIT: A $100 cash refundable bidder’s deposit is required to become a registered bidder. Your deposit will be refunded at checkout. You may leave at any time and your deposit will be returned during or before the end of the sale. Buyers who make significant purchases may be required to provide additional deposits during the course of the auction.
4. PAYMENT: Accepted forms of payment include cash, cashiers check (made payable to R.L. Rasmus Auctioneers, Inc.), traveler’s checks, wire transfers, Visa or MasterCard. An administrative fee of 5% is charged to each sale. The 5% administrative fee is discounted (not charged) for cash purchases.
5: CHECKS: Checks are only accepted with an approved bank letter of guarantee. Letter of guarantee must read, This bank guarantees payments of checks written on account number (your account number) for an amount up to (amount), for the purpose of making purchases at the October 16th Auction. This guarantee is valid for 15 business days following the auction date.
6. WIRE TRANSFERS: Please use the following information in preparing your wire transfer. Your bank should fax a confirmation that the wire has been sent to our offices at 703/823-5587. Bank Information: Burke & Herbert Bank & Trust Company, P. O. Box 268 Alexandria, VA 22313 – Bank Telephone Number 703-549-6600 Bank ABA Number 05600-1066 Auctioneers Information: Auctioneers Account Number 618586 R. L. Rasmus Auctioneers, Inc., PO Box 30760, Alexandria Va 22310 Auctioneers Telephone 703-370-2338 Fax 703/823-5587
7. BUYERS PREMIUM: A 10% buyers premium will be added to each purchase. If you bid $100.00 at check out you will be charged $110.00.
8. SALES TAX: Texas sales tax will be collected.
9. INSPECTIONS: 9-11 AM Auction Day.
10. CAUTION: For demonstration purposes various equipment may be joined. Do not assume a lot consists of more than one item simply because they are connected. Please inspect the lot numbers and read the descriptions.
11. WARRANTY & CONDITION OF ITEMS SOLD: All items are sold “AS IS, WHERE IS, with NO WARRANTY expressed or implied by the lot number affixed to the item. This sale is to the business community as “equipment” & “inventory” without any implied or expressed warranty. Please inspect each lot before bidding. Please do not rely solely on the catalog description or digital slide images when bidding. Inspect each item. Descriptions are believed to be accurate but not guaranteed. When you are not certain of the condition or use of an item please bid accordingly.
12. CHECK OUT & PAYMENT: You may check out at any time during the sale and no later than immediately following the auction. All purchases must be paid for in full at or before the close of the Auction and before removal of any item. If you intend to leave the auction before checking out, please notify our cashiers so they can note that you will be returning. Once the auctioneer says “SOLD” ownership of the item transfers to the buyer. In the event a buyer does not settle their account the auctioneer may resell the item and will charge the buyer for any resulting deficiencies, transportation costs, storage costs, collection and legal fees.
13. CLERKING DISPUTES: When the auctioneer announces “sold” the buyer must hold up the bidders paddle. The bidder number and the final bid price will be announced and tape-recorded as each item is sold. Should any dispute arise at checkout, you must first pay for your purchases and then we will take your information and play back the tape the next business day to confirm the transaction. The written and/or recorded record of sale kept by the auction management is final in the event of a dispute.
Hand Carryables (No Furniture)from the close of the auction until 5 PM. Removal continues 6-10 PM Friday and 9-5 Saturday or as otherwise agreed with the Seller
**ANYONE PICKING UP MERCHANDISE ON YOUR BEHALF MUST HAVE YOUR ORIGINAL SALES RECEIPT DUPLICATE SALES RECEIPTS FOR PICKUP CAN ONLY BE OBTAINED FROM THE AUCTIONEER. NO EXCEPTION! Any item NOT picked up by the set time will be considered abandoned. Removal shall be at the expense, liability, and risk of the purchaser. Purchases will be released upon presentation of a paid receipt. Please insure that movers or anyone picking up items on your behalf have your paid receipt at the pickup location. The Auctioneer will have the option of reselling, removing, storing or abandoning, at the expense and risk of the purchase, items not paid for and/or removed within the specific time. The buyer agrees to pay all deficiencies, legal, collection; transportation and storage expenses associated with delinquent accounts or abandoned items.
15. PROTECT YOUR PURCHASES: While we have security personnel, our clients cannot be liable for lost, stolen, missing, broken, exchanged parts or equipment. Ownership transfers to the high bidder when the Auctioneer announces “SOLD”.
16. CHOOSE WISELY: We want every one to get a good deal and most will. However, when you bid on the wrong item or decide an item is not suited for your intended use, our clients are not willing to assume the cost of your mistakes. When in doubt about condition, completeness or suitability for intended use, please bid accordingly.
17. METHOD OF SALE: The Auctioneer reserves the right to add or delete items from the auction. The Auctioneer reserves the right to group one or more items into lots or to subdivide into two or more selling lots whenever the best interest of the Seller will be served.
18. TIE BIDS: If a dispute arises between two or more bidders, the Auctioneer may decide to immediately put the lot up for bid again and resell to the highest bidder. The decision of the Auctioneer shall be final and absolute. The auctioneer reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids.
19. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract and/or agreement, or breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgments upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
LIMITATIONS: The above-stated Conditions of Sale cannot be altered except in writing by The Auctioneer.
Mike Jones Auction Group P.O. Box 803503, Dallas, TX 75380-3503 Phone: 972-387-1110 – Fax: 972-387-2597
R. L. Rasmus Auctioneers, Inc. 703.768.9000 Offices, 703.823.5587 Fax, firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail, www.rasmus.com website